The Value of Open Space
Over the last two decades Pelham has experienced unprecedented residential growth. Hundreds of homes in dozens of developments have been built resulting in the rapid paving and landscaping of once flourishing open spaces.
Open space benefits the community in many ways:
- Helps preserve the town’s rural character
- Protects the quality of Pelham’s drinking water
- Preserves Pelham’s scenic vistas, forests, and wildlife habitat
- Helps stabilize taxes – open space has less impact on municipal services than developed land
- Encourages stewardship and enjoyment of water and land resources
Please support our efforts to protect and acquire open space. If you own or know of a parcel that you would like to see protected, please contact the Planning Dept. at 635-7811 ext 4 and they will get your message to us.