It is the intent of the Selectmen to keep data and assessments current each year as the market changes. As a part of this process, the Town of Pelham conducted a full revaluation of all properties for the 2016 tax year. All properties will continue to be inspected on a 5-year continuing basis.
Exterior inspections have been completed for spring 2017. Please call the Assessing Office at 635-3317 or the Pelham Police at 635-2121 if you notice suspiscous activity on your property.
Monica Hurley, Contract Assessor from Corcoran Associates, presented to the Board of Selectmen on Tuesday evening 2 August 2016, her findings for our assessments as of April 1st 2016. This report can be found on the link to the left under 2016 Revaluation and entitled "2016 - Pelham Property Revaluation Report".
Please don’t hesitate to contact the Assessor’s Office at 603-635-3317 with any questions or concerns.
Functions Performed by the Assessing Department
- Valuate all property in Town as of 1 April of the current tax year - including new subdivisions and all new construction or improvements
- Maintain property values in accordance with NH Assessing Standards Board
- Inspect real property on a cyclical basis to conform to 5 year certification by NH DRA
- Process transfer of ownership
- Process all exemption applications (Elderly, Veteran's, Wood Heat, Solar, Blind, Elderly/Disabled deferral)
- Process abatement applications
- Process Intent to Cut or Excavate
- Bi-annual tax warrants
- Process current use applications or land use change tax
- Defend Board of Tax and Land Appeals cases
- Assign new house numbers and notify Verizon 911, Police and Fire Departments, and Post Office
- Process yearly tax exempt applications
- Process and maintain tax map updates
- Maintain property sales books
- Maintain MS-1 Report to set tax rate (due September 1, each year)
- Maintain Sales Ratio study for the state (due November 15 each year)
|Susan Snide||Assessing Assistant|