2018 Assessments are in the Online Assessors' Database to the left.
It is the intent of the Selectmen to keep data and assessments current each year as the market changes. As a part of this process, the Town of Pelham conducted a full revaluation of all properties for the 2016 tax year. All properties will continue to be inspected on a 4-year continuing basis.
Exterior inspections have been completed for spring 2019. Please call the Assessing Office at 635-3317 or the Pelham Police at 635-2121 if you notice suspiscous activity on your property.
Monica Hurley, Contract Assessor from Corcoran Associates, presented to the Board of Selectmen on Tuesday evening 2 August 2016, her findings for our assessments as of April 1st 2016. This report can be found on the link to the left under 2016 Revaluation and entitled "2016 - Pelham Property Revaluation Report".
Please don’t hesitate to contact the Assessor’s Office at 603-635-3317 with any questions or concerns.
Functions Performed by the Assessing Department
- Valuate all property in Town as of 1 April of the current tax year - including new subdivisions and all new construction or improvements
- Maintain property values in accordance with NH Assessing Standards Board
- Inspect real property on a cyclical basis to conform to 5 year certification by NH DRA
- Process transfer of ownership
- Process all exemption applications (Elderly, Veteran's, Wood Heat, Solar, Blind, Elderly/Disabled deferral)
- Process abatement applications
- Process Intent to Cut or Excavate
- Bi-annual tax warrants
- Process current use applications or land use change tax
- Defend Board of Tax and Land Appeals cases
- Assign new house numbers and notify Verizon 911, Police and Fire Departments, and Post Office
- Process yearly tax exempt applications
- Process and maintain tax map updates
- Maintain property sales books
- Maintain MS-1 Report to set tax rate (due September 1, each year)
- Maintain Sales Ratio study for the state (due November 15 each year)